Leaders in training (LIT)
Leaders In Training (LIT) is a new and unique “Hybrid” program, a purposeful program transitioning participants from campers to Counselors In Training. LITs are introduced to leadership responsibilities while still enjoying electives and free swim in the afternoon and participate in special events like trips and Color war.
The LIT program is for teens entering 9th grade who are ready to take part in a more comprehensive and challenging program at camp.
THEIR BLENDED PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:
- Leadership workshops which highlight teamwork, problem solving and communication.
These workshops will include team building at the challenge course.
- Community Service projects aimed at serving both the JCC and the greater Stamford community.
- Elective based programming; including two choices weekly and daily free swim.
Parent/Guardian completes our online camper enrollment HERE.
Note: must sign up for at least 2 weeks.
Counselor In Training (CIT)
Our Counselor in Training (CIT) program is designed specifically to assist teens in the transition from camper to staff member over the course of a summer. This is more than just “one more year at camp,” CITs take on real responsibility and have the opportunity to make a positive impact for Day Camps@the J.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE PROGRAM DETAILS:
- CITs work closely with our CIT Coordinator, and alongside group staff.
- CITs will participate in training that focuses on high-level concepts such as empathy, effective communication, critical thinking, child care, and work-ethic development in daily breakout sessions.
- CITs can choose to specialize in particular program areas during afternoon electives. These areas include Sports, Arts, Adventure, Science and Swim.
- CITs receive formal performance evaluations, giving them concrete and valuable feedback on their experience.
CITs are still campers and enrollment in this program is limited. To become a CIT, candidates must complete a CIT Application and then be interviewed by a member of the Day Camps@The J administration. After acceptance into the program, CITs must enroll in camp for either a 4 or 8 consecutive week session. It is important for all potential applicants to know that successful completion of our CIT Program does not ensure future employment at Day Camps@The J.
- Applicants going into 10th grade must complete the CIT Application, available for download, on our website and provide a copy of your latest school report card. Once received at the camp office, an interview will be scheduled. After the interview, the applicant will be notified of their acceptance to the program.
- If accepted, Parent/Guardian then completes the online Camper Registration Form via CampMinder signing up for 4 or 8 consecutive weeks HERE.