Now accepting applications!
Counselors, Specialists, Nurses and ADMINISTRATORS
Camp Dates: June 25 - August 17
Why Work at camp?
- Make a positive impact in the lives of young people and feel good knowing you are making a positive impact on the world.
- Day Camps@The J offers competitive salary as well as the ability to earn tips.
- You will receive serious leadership training, beginning at orientation and continuing through the summer.
- Develop valuable professional skills like: communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, teamwork, public speaking and management skills, which many employers say are must-haves.
- Build your resume (see above).
- Being goofy and having fun is part of your job description.
- Work with wonderful people and make friends for life.
- Become a super hero in the eyes of a child.
- New experiences ... EVERY DAY!
- After-work perks like being able to use the JCC, and special staff events.
- The kids will inspire you as much as you inspire them, if not more.
- Have an unforgettable and rewarding summer, spending time outdoors at a job you will LOVE!
What are the expectations?
Day Camps@The J is one of the premier day camps in southwestern Connecticut, and we set high standards of performance for our staff. We only hire staff that demonstrate the right reason for wanting the job: the KIDS. Staff must have dedication and compassion for children, solid leadership skills, sound judgment, good work ethic, solid communication skills, and commitment for both camp and the campers. This is a great and rewarding job, but it’s not for everyone.
What is “camp”?
Camp is a place for everyone (campers, their families, and staff) to learn and grow in a safe and supportive environment. At camp you can be your true self, or find who you are. Camp is one of the few places left that teach communication, problem solving, social and emotional skills. Campers practice these real-life skills at camp and develop a mastery of them. This is why studies have shown that adults who went to camp have a greater chance of being capable of meaningful relationships, and being productive members of society.
What’s the deal?
Staff work Monday through Friday for the 8 weeks of camp. Before camp starts we have training and all staff must attend all of the required training. A typical day starts with a staff meeting to prepare for the day. Then we greet the campers as they are dropped off. Once the campers are all here we have group activities in the morning, along with instructional swim. The entire camp eats lunch together and afterwards splits up for electives and free swim. Your day concludes after all the campers are picked up.
Every day is different, as we have trips, entertainers, Color War and late stay activities that make each day special.
Do I need to be Jewish?
No, Day Camps@The J welcomes both campers and staff of all faiths. We are proud to have a community of diverse campers and staff, not only of religion but also different national and cultural backgrounds. We do ask staff to honor some Jewish traditions, including following kosher dietary laws while at camp.
The Stamford JCC
The JCC of Stamford is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, and we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicity and backgrounds.